FIRST TIME FLOATING?
Congratulations on being one step closer to ‘Floating’ for the first time!
Please ARRIVE 15 Minutes before your appointment to allow our friendly staff to provide you with some important information. Below is a list of a things that you need to be aware of before your first float, so please read carefully.
What to Expect?
As explained by a pre-eminent scientist; “Floating is a method of attaining the deepest rest that humankind has ever experienced.” Essentially, you’ll be spending an hour or so lying quietly in the dark, suspended in a warm solution of Epsom salt, about 10″ deep, and so dense that you float effortlessly.
Soft and gentle meditative music will be played to help you relax and, then eventually turned off so are left in the complete serenity of silence. You may keep the starry lighting on if you wish.
What you need to know:
Special Note for Oncology Patient: Anyone who had oncology treatment in the last 12 months, please contact the studio at 9598 9313 to discuss your options prior to making your booking. This is important as we do not recommend anyone who is undergoing radiation or chemotherapy to float until 4 weeks after your last final treatment.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your first float to read some guidelines and complete a waiver form.
- You are floating in 650kg or Epsom salts with 50% concentration of magnesium. Amazing for recovery of tension in muscle, joints and mind.
- You will be in your own private suite which consists of a private hower suite and a private float room.
- You will be floating in the ‘nude’ and do not wear bathers to ensure there is very little constrictions or sensory stimulation on skin and body.
- You will have full control of the lights – we have special star lights to ease our floaters into darkness.
- You will be provided with towels, shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
- You are required to shower well when you come to the studio prior to entering into the float bath. Even if you’ve just showered at home you are still required to do this step before floating.
- Avoid eating a full meal at least 1 hour before floating.
- Avoid caffeine or alcohol before floating to avoid any chemical stimulants that may disrupt your relaxation.
- Avoid shaving / waxing on the same day of your float. Your skin might sting epsom salt bath.
- Avoid colour treatment of your hair at least 7 days before your float and at least three washes after for blonde OR until at least 14 days before your float and 7 washes for dark hair (brown, black, red, etc) color treatment. We have the right to refuse client when they walk for this purpose as colour treatment can severely cause contamination in our float. Failure to follow this requirement may result in penalty of the cost of refilling the float room which is $1000.
Do not float if:
- You have not been shown how to use the room by a qualified person.
- You are in your first trimester of pregnancy.
- You are currently under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- You have open or bleeding wounds.
- You suffer from incontinence or uncontrolled epilepsy.
- If you suffer from nausea, manageable epilepsy or depression, please DISCUSS with our float staff.
- You have been medically advised not to float.
- You have a special or lacquered hairdo, which you wish to keep.
- You are not confident of being able to get out due to lack of personal mobility (please ensure you have someone with you to assist you).
- If you are between the age of 16 years old an 18, you must be first seek our advise and be accompanied by a parent or guardian. However children under the age of 16 cannot Float.